Home Visiting Program
The Imperial County Home Visiting Program (ICHVP) assists families of newborns to get children off to a healthy start. This program serves families who reside in Brawley, Calexico, El Centro, Heber, Holtville, Imperial, and Seeley and are pregnant, or who have a newborn baby less than 2 weeks of age. Professionally trained Home Visitors will provide educational information and engaging activities through a caring and individualized approach so that you can provide the best for your new baby. Services are available at no cost to you.
- Weekly visits with a Home Visitor; scheduled in advance and lasting approximately 60 minutes for the first 6 months
- Support throughout your pregnancy and your baby’s first year’s up to age five
- Ways to make your home safer for your baby
- Information on how to care for your baby
- Facts that will let you know if your baby is growing and developing in healthy ways
- Activities that you and you baby can enjoy together
- Social support and discussion on topics that are important to your family
- Planned activities and topics based on your family’s needs and program goals
- Access to community services
Yolanda Bernal, M.A.Ed.
797 Main Street, Suite A, El Centro, CA 92243
Tel: (442) 265-1370