The Imperial County Public Health Department (ICPHD) -Tobacco Education Project continues to work on reducing the devastating effects of smoking through a variety of countywide efforts. It promotes a tobacco-free community through education and intervention activities, and engages community members and agencies in efforts that support tobacco-related policy, system, and environmental change and address tobacco-related determinants of health.
Local tobacco-control efforts have led to the adoption voluntary smoke-free policies in Imperial County. It includes the passage of voluntary smoke-free policies at:
- Imperial Valley Housing Authority-Cedar Apartments (Adopted on March 1, 2013)
- Bailon Management (Adopted on May 31, 2013)
- Martha’s Apartment (Adopted on August 15, 2013)
- Joe Acuña Management (Adopted on August 28, 2013)
- Andrade Apartments (Adopted on September 19, 2013)
- Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District (May 3, 2012)
- Imperial Valley College (December 17, 2008)
To schedule tobacco education presentations or if suffering from secondhand smoke and need help, please contact: Raul Martinez, Health Education Specialist at (442) 265-1380 or email@example.com.