Department Essential Services
Our focus has and always will be the well-being of our clients. We understand that the rapidly evolving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation poses unique challenges for everyone.
Please note, effective Monday, March 30, 2020, the Imperial County Public Health Department will be closed to all walk-in services for the public. Department staff will be available to provide assistance by phone to members of the community who have questions related to any of the Department’s essential services.
Phone assistance will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 12:pm and 1:00 pm-5:00 pm. Assistance will not be available 12:00 pm to 1:00p.m., as the department will close for lunch. This shall remain in effect until further notice.
The following is a list of essential Public Health Department services that will be available by phone:
- Animal Control: (442) 265-2655
- Vector Control: (442) 265-1888
- Birth amendments (1 year and younger): (442) 265-1460
- Birth certificates (March 2019 to present, baby needs to be at least 3 weeks old): (442) 265-1460
- California Children’s Services (CCS): (442) 265-1455
- Death burial permits: (442) 265-1460
- Death certificates (2008 to present): (442) 265-1460
- Environmental Health Services: (442) 265-1888
- Support services & referrals for care and treatment for people with HIV/AIDs call: (442) 265-1394
- Tuberculosis (TB) control services: (442) 265-1415
The following is a list of services that will NOT be provided during this time:
- Travel consultations
- Health Cards
- Immunization transcribing
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) certification
- Car seat information
- HIV counseling and testing
- Nutrition information
- Medical marijuana ID cards
- Pregnancy tests
- TB skin tests
- TB work clearance
- TB risk assessments
If you have any general questions regarding this temporary service change, please call the Imperial County Public Health Department at (442) 265-6700.