ICHVP - Community Advisory Board
The Imperial County Home Visitation Program (ICHVP), Community Advisory Board (CAB) is a broad-based group of stakeholder agencies and community members that have an interest in and a commitment to serving in an advisory capacity in the planning, implementation, and assessment of program related activities.
CAB serves as a forum for policy and procedure review, communication and resource sharing among community partners, troubleshooting strategies for program promotion, client recruitment/retention issues and as a venue for building collaboration. This group also assists with informing program operation and implementation, quality assurance/improvement, child and family advocacy and public awareness regarding home visiting, establishing interagency coordination, information sharing, and referral system coordination and utilization.
CAB has a formalized structure that includes a chair, co-chair, and secretary where the chair will be an ICHVP staff member, and the co-chair will be an elected CAB member (ICHVP screening site representative). The co-chair and secretary responsibilities and duration are for a period of one year.
- CAB membership includes representatives with a wide range of skills, abilities, and provides a heterogeneous mix in terms of skills, strengths, community knowledge, professions and cultural characteristics.
- CAB members are required to complete a Membership Form.
Meetings are held quarterly in conjunction with the MCAH Advisory Board meetings. Meetings may be held more frequently than quarterly if deemed necessary.
The ICHVP-CAB will meet the following dates:
The Community Advisory Board is comprised of the following agencies:
- Adolescent Family Life Program (AFLP)
- Alternative Education
- BHS-Imperial Valley Community Recovery Coalition
- CAP Council
- El Centro Regional Medical Center (ECRMC)
- First Five
- Home Visiting
- Imperial County Public Health Perinatal Services
- Imperial County Social Services
- Imperial Valley Housing Authority
- Imperial Valley Women's Clinic
- March of Dimes
- Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest
- Project ACE
- San Diego Regional Center