Businesses & Employers
Reporting COVID-19 Positive Cases
In accordance with California Assembly Bill 685 (AB 685), Imperial County employers are required to notify the Imperial County Public Health Department of all COVID-19 related outbreaks within their workplace. An outbreak is defined as three or more confirmed COVID-19 cases within a 14- day period that are from different households and are not identified as close contacts of each other in any other COVID-19 case investigation. The full Public Health Guidance on Reporting COVID-19 Positive Cases and Exposures can be found in the Guidance Documents section of this page.
Following, are steps for employers when reporting a COVID-19 positive case and/or exposure:
- Step 1: Before completing the required form, you will need to collect a list of people that were exposed to the COVID-19 positive case, as well as some general information on the COVID-19 positive case. You can download a questionnaire from Guidance Documents before starting your electronic form submission. Please note that if you are submitting more than 6 exposures, you will need to e-mail your exposure list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 2: Complete the electronic Workplace Reporting of COVID-19 Outbreak Form linked below. Please note that you will need to submit all relevant information at once. Once you start filling out the form, you will need to complete the submission.
- Step 3: For additional information or guidance, contact Vanessa Caldera at (442) 265-1378.
The Imperial County Public Health Department is collecting information from local public and private employers to get a better understanding of their respective business, employees, and interest in potentially hosting a vaccination clinic on their site. As a local business, we are hoping that you will take a moment to answer a few questions that center around the a) number of different physical locations you have, b) number of individuals you employ and their respective risk level, c) number of your employees who are both interested and NOT interested in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, and d) your interest and willingness to host a COVID-19 vaccination clinic at your work site.
If you have any questions about the questions please call Yoliviviana Sanchez, Health Program Coordinator, at 1-442-265-1443 or email at email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Imperial County Public Health Department will reach out to the employer’s contact person to collect additional information and further coordinate vaccination efforts as we’re closer to vaccinating employees within your sector. For information on what vaccination phase and tier Imperial County is currently in, please visit http://www.icphd.org/health-information-and-resources/healthy-facts/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/.
- Training Slides
- Public Health Guidance for Reporting COVID-19 Positive Cases and Exposures (Download PDF)
- Employer Questions about AB 685, California’s New COVID-19 Law
- Guidance for multiple industries
- General industry guidance
- Guidance for specific industries
- Industry-specific worker safety guidelines
- IV Business Recovery Taskforce
- Site Specific Protection Plan (General)
- Site Specific Protection Plan (Food Facilities)
- Sample Agency COVID-19 Response Plan
- Guidance for Essential Businesses (4.10.2020)
- Mitigation Measures for Public Swimming Pools and Spas
- COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Measures for Food Facilities
- COVID-19 & STIGMA
For additional resources please visit: