School and Child Care Administrator Resources
Mental Health Wellness with joint billboard campaign
All schools in Imperial County should be following and adhering to the latest CDPH guidance and requirements.
All current guidance's and the letter from CDPH are linked below:
- CDPH K-12 Guidance 2022-23 School year
- Guidance on Isolation and Quarantine
- CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings
- Local Orders: Isolation and Quarantine
Child Care Guidance and Resources
- Guidance for Child Care Providers and Programs
- Guidance for Child Care Providers: Questions & Answers
- Child Care Resources
- Decision trees [English] [Spanish]
REPORTING SCHOOL CASES AND OUTBREAKS
As of July 1, 2022, Imperial County Public Health no longer requires individual COVID-19 case reporting by K-12 Schools. However, Schools and Child Care facilities must report COVID-19 Outbreaks (3 or more cases within a 14-day period and epidemiologically linked). Reports should be made by submitting case information of Students/Staff in the form below:
The following are steps for schools and child-care providers when reporting COVID-19 positive cases:
- Before completing the required form, you will need to collect some general information on the COVID-19 positive case (i.e. testing facility, test collection date, DOB, etc.) You can download this questionnaire before starting your electronic form submission.
- Complete the electronic School and Childcare Facility Reporting of COVID-19 Positive Case and Exposures linked above. Please note that you will need to submit all relevant information at once. Once you start filling out the form, you will need to complete the submission.
- If you have questions, email the Imperial County Public Health School Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 442-265-7482.
CONTACT TRACING, ISOLATION OR QUARANTINE
All positive students and staff should be instructed to isolate immediately. Upon notification of positive cases, it is important that school administrators provide group-wide notifications to those individuals who may have been exposed.
- See ICOE’s Decision Tree HERE
- Group tracing letter template [English] [Spanish]
- Quarantine and isolation - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response (ca.gov)
SEE OUR LATEST VIDEOS AND PRESENTATIONS HERE
If you are interested in participating in the State testing program, refer to CDPH School Testing Program.
Please refer to our Imperial County COVID-19 Testing page for additional local testing resources.
GET VACCINATED TODAY!
Getting vaccinated is an important step in keeping our local schools safe and open. Encourage your staff, students, and families to get vaccinated today!