Workplace Reporting of COVID-19 Positive Cases
Reporting COVID-19 Positive Cases
In accordance with California Assembly Bill 685 (AB 685), Imperial County employers are required to notify the Imperial County Public Health Department of all COVID-19 related outbreaks within their workplace. An outbreak is defined as three or more confirmed COVID-19 cases within a 14- day period that are from different households and are not identified as close contacts of each other in any other COVID-19 case investigation. The full Public Health Guidance on Reporting COVID-19 Positive Cases and Exposures can be found in the Guidance Documents section of this page.
Following, are steps for employers when reporting a COVID-19 positive case and/or exposure:
- Step 1: Before completing the required form, you will need to collect a list of people that were exposed to the COVID-19 positive case, as well as some general information on the COVID-19 positive case. You can download a questionnaire from Guidance Documents before starting your electronic form submission.
- Step 2: Complete the electronic Workplace Reporting of COVID-19 Outbreak Form. Please note that you will need to submit all relevant information at once. Once you start filling out the form, you will need to complete the submission.
- Step 3: For guidance please email ICPHD-EPIWorkplaceReporting@co.imperial.ca.us.
- Training Slides
- Public Health Guidance for Reporting COVID-19 Positive Cases and Exposures (Download PDF)
- Employer Questions about AB 685, California’s New COVID-19 Law
- Guidance for multiple industries
- General industry guidance
- Guidance for specific industries
- Industry-specific worker safety guidelines
- IV Business Recovery Taskforce
- Site Specific Protection Plan (General)
- Site Specific Protection Plan (Food Facilities)
- Sample Agency COVID-19 Response Plan
- Guidance for Essential Businesses (4.10.2020)
- Mitigation Measures for Public Swimming Pools and Spas
- COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Measures for Food Facilities
- COVID-19 & STIGMA