January 23, 2023 at 3:35 pm
Official Statement: Information related to the base hospital and availability of emergency services.
- The Imperial County Public Health Department is aware of the recent changes to pediatric and obstetrics services at El Centro Regional Medical Center. The Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency Manager and the Imperial County Public Health Department Director have been in close communication with the leadership at both hospitals to assure the seamless coordination of first responder and ambulance services.
- The Imperial County EMS Agency is aware that El Centro Regional Medical Center recently advised that the hospital will discontinue serving as base hospital effective March 22nd of this year. There are a couple of options available to our community as a result of this change. One option is to have Pioneers Hospital accept to serve as the new base hospital and the second is to establish a base hospital located in a neighboring county. All options are being considered carefully so that the impact to our community is minimal.
- The Imperial County Public Health Department and the EMS Agency will continue meeting and coordinating with our two hospitals to assure the provision of healthcare services in our community.
- Members of the public, healthcare providers, and community stakeholders are strongly encouraged to visit official sources for updated information regarding hospital services. This will assist in reducing the circulation of misinformation and inaccurate information in the community.
- Please continue following the official social media platforms and websites for the two hospitals for updated information related to hospital services.
Official Websites for two hospitals:
- El Centro Regional Medical Center: www.ecrmc.org
- Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District: https://pmhd.org/
May 19, 2023 at 9:16 am
Congratulations to our very own - Vanessa Alvarizares!
Recipient winner of the 2023 Let’s Eat Healthy Leadership Award!
May 18, 2023 at 2:36 pm
Look before you lock - News Release
Parents and caregivers are urged to look before they lock their car to avoid leaving children in hot vehicles.
May 2, 2023 at 8:57 am
This exercise was developed by a local planning committee to encourage community emergency management stakeholders to exercise their response to and recovery from unusual incidents and events that may challenge their facilities and personnel, including natural disasters, pandemics, and other incidents.