The Land Use Program protects the environment and public health through a review process of proposed land use in Imperial County.
It consists of the review of On Site Wastewater Treatment System (Septic System) design plans and inspects the construction of OWTSs to prevent threats to public health. Program staff investigate complaints of improperly functioning OWTSs. We also review applications for building permits on lots served by OWTSs.
Applications and Guidelines
- Septic System Application Form
- Building Plan Review Application Form
- Information for Obtaining Permits for Private Sewage Disposal Systems
- Site Plan Information Sheet
- Imperial County Soil Evaluation, Testing, and Reporting Policy
- Imperial County Chambered Leach Field Policy
- Imperial County Existing System Evaluation and Certification Policy
- Robert A. Taft Soil Percolation Test Procedure Sheet
The Imperial County Divison of Environmenthal Health provides a list of companies as an informational service. Environmental Health and Imperial County accept no responsibility for the performance of the consultants or companies listed and make no representation, either expressed or implied, regarding their competence or expertise.
Septic System Design Engineers
Licensed Septic System Contractors
Soil Percolation Testing Engineers
Click the button below to see our Public Health Department Division of Environmental Health Fees