You have the right to appeal decisions, issue complaints, and request waivers that affect your permit or application for a permit. Questions regarding the right to appeals, complaints, and waivers will be directed to the Director of Public Health.
Our Responsibility, Your Rights, Your Choices
This is a summary of the Imperial County Public Health Department Administrative Appeal Process for all Environmental Health services, more detailed information can be found in your Project Packet or requested from any Environmental Health staff member.
Environmental Health has the responsibility to:
- Apply regulations in a fair and equitable manner.
- Protect health and safety while ensuring flexibility for individual circumstance.
- Provide clear and complete information.
- Provide prompt, courteous and professional service.
You have the right to:
- Appeal actions affecting your permit or application for a permit.
- Receive reasonable consideration and alternate equivalent processes.
- Be informed about how regulations are being applied to your permit.
- Receive services in a fair, equitable, professional and timely manner.
You can do any or call of the following:
- Request a review to ensure:
- The services you are receiving are being conducted properly.
- You are receiving this benefit of all alternate equivalent preoceses.
- File an Administrative Appeal of the actions affecting your permit or application.
- File a Complaint with the Director of the Public Health Department if you believe the services you receive are not fair, equitable, professional and/or timely.